Since the summer of 2011, the Tualatin Transportation Task Force (TTF) has met monthly to advise the City of Tualatin on two important transportation plans: the Transportation System Plan (TSP) Update and Linking Tualatin, a project focused on Metro’s SW Corridor High Capacity Transit Project. Task Force members include representatives from the City of Tualatin, surrounding jurisdictions, business representatives and citizens. Today‘s post profiles TTF member and Tualatin resident Charlie Benson.
Name: Charlie Benson
Neighborhood: Sequoia Ridge - for the past 11 years
Commute: Tualatin to NE Portland - 30 minutes on a good day, 90 minutes on a bad day
Favorite mode of transportation: Automobile - but enjoys taking MAX when he can (especially from the airport)
What has been your favorite part of the TSP process so far? Looking at where Tualatin was 10 years ago, where it is now, and trying to imagine what it will look like in another 10 years. The other participants in the TTF have interesting perspectives and ideas about planning for the future. It's a great process that I believe will produce meaningful results.
What projects do you hope result from the City’s transportation planning? A coordinated and dynamic transportation system for Tualatin!
Watch a short video of Charlie talk about traffic congestion in Tualatin:
The next TTF meeting will be held on May 24th from 5:30-7:30pm in the training room at the Tualatin Police Department (8650 SW Tualatin Rd). The meetings are open to the public. Everyone is welcome.
The next Task Force meeting is Thursday April 19 from 5:00- 7:00 p.m. at the Police Community room (8650 SW Tualatin Rd). Download the PowerPoint presentation for the meeting below.
- PowerPoint Presentation (pdf, 2 mb)
The Tualatin Transportation Task Force is hard at work refining project lists for the Transportation System Plan and defining focus areas for Linking Tualatin. There are several upcoming meetings where you can get involved. Join your neighbors at one of these upcoming meetings:
- Major Corridors and Intersections Working Group - April 16th, 6:00pm at Tualatin Police Department, 8650 SW Tualatin Road
- Transportation Task Force meeting #8 - April 19th, 5:00pm at Tualatin Police Department
- Transportation Task Force meeting #9 - May 24th, 5:00pm at Tualatin Police Department
Join us for the second round of Working Groups between March 29th and April 16th to help refine project ideas, identify projects that don't work, and to identify those which have the greatest potential:
- Transit - March 29th, 6:00pm at Tualatin Police Department, 8650 SW Tualatin Road
- Downtown - April 2nd, 6:00pm at Tualatin Police Department, 8650 SW Tualatin Road
- Bicycle and Pedestrian - April 4th, 6:00pm at Tualatin Police Department, 8650 SW Tualatin Road
- Industrial and Freight - April 10th, 11:30am at City Operations Department, 10699 SW Herman Road
- Neighborhood Livability - April 11th, 6:00pm at Meridian Park Hospital, 9300 SW 65th Avenue
- Major Corridors and Intersections - April 16th, 6:00pm at Tualatin Police Department, 8650 SW Tualatin Road
Working Groups are discussion groups that offer an opportunity for deeper discussion and deliberation on a specific area of transportation. Prior attendance is not required. Everyone is welcom. Visit the Working Groups page for more information or contact: Cindy Hahn, Associate Planner, (503) 691-3029.